Youth Fair Info
Seasonal IT Assistant
Seasonal IT Assistant position. This is an hourly-wage rate position for the duration of the Youth Fair which runs from March 15 through April 8, 2018 (open daily, except March 19-20 and April 2-3).
The role of the IT Assistant is to assist the IT Manager and the department's team members with the deployment and support of technologies and technological initiatives that are required for the day to day operations of The Miami-Dade County Fair and Exposition as well as the 21 day Youth Fair. The position does not include an organization provided vehicle. Reimbursement of relocation expenses is not included with this position. The Miami-Dade County Fair & Exposition, Inc. is a private non-profit 501(c)3 organization whose Mission is dedicated to enriching our community by promoting education and South Florida agriculture while showcasing and rewarding youth achievement. This is accomplished by producing a first-class Fair with quality entertainment and providing facilities and resources for year-round events. To that point, The Miami-Dade County Youth Fair & Exposition is a truly iconic South Florida outdoor family entertainment event held each spring on the fairgrounds located within Tamiami Park in southwest Miami-Dade County, Florida. The Youth Fair, as it is commonly known, is our organization's major fundraiser providing the financial resources to meet and grow our commitment as outlined in our Mission.
- PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide user level technical support for end users, computers, printers, etc. both in person and phone based.
- Provide user level training on daily applications used, including, but not limited to: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, Adobe Acrobat, and other basic computer related skills.
- Perform end user system updates and monitoring. Including: Patch management, spyware removal and testing, virus checking
- Assist with user management. (Adding and deleting users from AD, provisioning email, etc.).
- Monitor printers, copiers, and fax machines to make sure they are working properly and getting regular maintenance.
- Installation and/or relocation of workstations. As well as perform hardware and software upgrades, troubleshooting, and repairs on PCs as needed.
- Deployment and support of Android and iOS devices.
- Assist with troubleshooting of voice and data connections both wired and wireless.
- Assist in creating reports as needed for various departments.
- Provide high degree of professionalism and end user satisfaction and can work well with others.
- Any and all additional tasks as may be required and requested.
- SPECIFIC PROFESSIONAL, TECHNICAL & PERSONAL SKILLS AND PRIOR WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR A CANDIDATE TO BE CONSIDERED AND THE INDIVIDUAL SELECTED TO BE SUCCESSFUL.
- Bilingual (English and Spanish)
- Experience with Microsoft products such as Office, Exchange, Active Directory, SQL, and Server platforms.
- Previous experience with computer and printer maintenance and repair.
- Previous experience configuring Salesforce.com users and organizations.
- Must show aptitude and desire to learn new skills on the job.
- Be able to communicate clearly and precisely, both orally and in writing.
- Must be able to support remote workers over the phone.
- Work as a team member and to promote a positive work environment.
- Physical ability to perform essential job functions.
- Able to adapt to change and meet deadlines.
- Deal effectively and tactfully with end users.
Please submit your at email@example.com
Miami-Dade County Fair & Exposition, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and provides a drug-free workplace.